Okay, we need a little more crowd participation up in here.
I propose a new game.
You agree not to use Google or any other electronic search engines to cheat, and I agree not to call you a dirty cheater. You may, of course, dig through your old tapes and records and not-so-old CDs to try to figure it out.
I'll tally points, and every month we'll have a winner(s) of a cheap prize. You'll need to be willing to give up a mailing address to claim your prize.
So the game will be me throwing out a couple lines from a song roughly whenever/as often as I feel like it. Then y'all guess the artist and song title. The first comment with both the correct artist name and song title will win.
Then without further ado, I present May's first (and May first's) edition of Lyrical Pursuit:
I scream my heart out, just to make a dime
And with that dime I bought your love
But now I've changed my mind
Okay, guess away! And you're on your honor not to be a big, fat cheater by Googling it.
UPDATE 6:20 pm--Apparently the Land of Mu and Nu fell down, go boom. But it's back up now! So anyway, I'm sorry some of you already resorted to Google, because since no one has guessed it, I must begin with the clues.
Clue 1: The artist is a hair band (their hair was spectacular), discovered by Jon Bon Jovi, and named for a fairy tale character.
Clue 2: The album was Night Songs.
Clue 3: Yikes. Looks like I should have picked "Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone)" as my song. What a fool I am.
Clue 4: Sheesh. Nobody's getting this?
Okay, I think the point system will work like so:
1. Correct answer before any clues are given=5 points.
2. Correct answer after 1st clue given=4 points.
3. Correct answer after 2nd clue given=3 points.
4. Correct answer after 3rd clue given=2 points.
5. Correct answer after 4th clue given=1 points.
6. If no correct answers are submitted, we universally agree I suck at picking songs. Or you suck at figuring clues.Posted by Jennifer at May 1, 2008 09:00 AM | TrackBack